The MG Car Club Belgium is organising the European Event of the Year (EEOTY) in Newport from Sunday, 26 June until Friday, 1 July 2022. Two hotels with sea views, one in Newport and another in Ostend are available for participants.
Registration will be available on the website https://eeoty2022.mgcarclub.be/ as of Saturday, 6 November 2021 at 12:00 (CEST). The registration is based on a “first come first serve” basis. After registering on the website, a message will be sent to the first 251 participants. To complete the registration a deposit must then be paid within a week. Within 10 days a code will be sent. This unique code allows you to book directly your hotel room The financial settlement of the stay is therefore entirely done through the hotel. Also, special codes for camping and mobile home programmes will be available. A covered parking is provided and is included in the participation price of the EEOTY -2022.
With the Covid situation in mind, it is also important to mention that a cancellation insurance is provided by the hotel. This insurance is included in the hotel fee.
The price for the European Event of The Year 2022 includes breakfasts, lunches, dinners (3 meals a day), all visits and activities.
The EEOTY team offers you an unforgettable experience. From Sunday to Thursday. The guests of this event will enjoy beautiful tours, scenic and historic places (Bruges is a UNESCO World Heritage City).
There will be four groups of approximately 65 cars. Each group has its own specific color. Each group will drive a different tour each day. Each day the tours will start at the same location, Nieuwpoort Marina .
To compensate for the CO2 emissions, a small contribution is included. This will allow us to plant trees in Nieuwpoort.
A summary of the programme
Sunday 26 June 2022
• From 9.30am on, welcome and final registrations. Check-in at the hotels 'Sandeshoved' in Nieuwpoort and 'Royal Astrid' in Ostend.
• In the afternoon, a visit to the city of Nieuwpoort is planned. Sandwiches are provided for lunch.
• In the evening a welcome drink and dinner in both hotels
• A first group of 65 cars will attend the Last Post ceremony in Ypres. Transport to and back from Ypres is by bus.
Monday 27 June 2022
• 4 round trips (each trip with about 65 cars) / all the costs for the activities are included in the participation price of the entire event.
1. Bruges (UNESCO World Heritage City): guided tour of the city and a boat trip on the canals of Bruges.
2. Belgian coast and Zeeland (Netherlands) with magnificent sceneries (Polder- Coast Route)
3. Belgian breweries and specialties (Bier and Pekkerstour)
4. Yser Frontline & Ypres Salient Tour
• In the evening the Last Post for group 2
Tuesday 28 June 2022
• Same as on Monday, but a rotation for the rides and the Last Post for group 3
Wednesday 29 June 2022
• Same as on Tuesday, but a rotation for the rides and the Last Post for group 4
Thursday 30 June 2022
• Same as on Wednesday, but a rotation for the rides. No more Last Post as all groups have already experienced this.
• Gala dinner at Ostend Casino
Friday morning 1 July 2022